Website Quality Culinary Services
The team of Quality Culinary Services LLC (QCS) is currently looking for energetic, responsible, and reliable applicants who can get the job done while putting customers and safety first!
QCS is seeking interested and qualified candidates to fill the position of:
A line/prep cook will be responsible for cooking, serving, and prepping and preparing foods/meals and packing meal units suitable for maintaining components at temperatures in accordance with state and local health standards; and measuring temperatures, labeling meal units, and completing required forms/documentations for maintaining essential records prior to onboarding of delivery truck. This position also requires complete knowledge of and adherence with recipe conventions, measurements, weights, and procedures; and supply ordering and stock inventory of large quantities of USDA and other foods and meal prep items purchased and obtained from distributors. Maintaining a process and procedure for handling documentation of receipts and invoices requiring signatures and review of records, to ensure compliance with the requirements of contractual agreements and federal regulations are also required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Applicants must acquire:
- Good knowledge of following printed and oral directions.
- Ability to read a thermometer.
- Capacity to work individually as well as with other team members.
- Good communication skills.
- Capability of food preparation, cooking, serving, and storage.
- Physical ability to operate kitchen equipment according to safe recommended methods.
- Endurance to perform tasks while standing for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
- Aptitude to maintain kitchen environment to commercial food service standard of cleanliness and mobility/functionality.
- Strong ability to solve problems, recover, and make reasonable substitutions.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds (loading and unloading food, carrying trays, lifting supplies and equipment as needed).
- Visual capability to identify and respond to environmental hazards.
- Following all instructions related to Food Defense, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Agricultural Practices and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
- Enthusiasm and experience working in a fast-paced setting.
- General scheduling flexibility.
At least one (1) year experience working for or in the catering or hospitality industry as the assigned job of lead line cook and/or sous chef preferred.
A High School Diploma or GED is strongly preferred.
Authorized to work in the US.
- Fingerprinting is required and drug testing may be required for all employees.
- Food Handler Certificate is mandatory.
- Subject to COVID-19 testing and daily precautionary protocols.
All interested applicants should send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.