The team of Quality Culinary Services LLC (QCS) is currently looking for energetic, responsible, and reliable applicants who can get the job done while putting customers and safety first!
QCS is seeking an interested and qualified candidate to fill the position of:
Food Protection and Safety Manager
A food protection and safety manager will be responsible for implementing and managing food safety, quality assurance, quality control, and regulatory compliance policies and procedures for all aspects of the work facility/hub and contractual event sites/locations. Also, this position ensures that all times all workers are following food-handling guidelines and company processes, procedures, practices, and policies. In addition, cooking, serving, prepping and preparing foods/meals and packing meal units suitable for maintaining components at temperatures in accordance with state and local health standards; and measuring temperatures, labeling meal units, and completing required forms/documentation for maintaining essential records prior to onboarding of delivery truck are required. This position also requires complete knowledge of and adherence with recipe conventions, measurements, weights, and procedures; and supply ordering and stock inventory of large quantities of USDA and other foods and meal prep items purchased and obtained from distributors. Additionally, this position is necessary for serving as a quality-control agent in food packaging/processing operations and helping to ensure that all systems and equipment are functioning properly and utilized correctly to ensure compliance with the requirements of contractual agreements and federal regulations.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Applicants must acquire:
- Good knowledge of following printed and oral directions.
- Ability to read a thermometer.
- Capacity to work individually as well as with other team members.
- Good communication skills.
- Capability of food preparation, cooking, serving, and storage.
- Physical ability to operate kitchen equipment according to safe recommended methods.
- Endurance to perform tasks while standing for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
- Aptitude to maintain kitchen environment to commercial food service standard of cleanliness and mobility/functionality.
- Designing food safety processes for risk assessment that meet globally recognized standards.
- Developing and leading audit and inspection process.
- Educating associates and assess all types of risk including package, utility, ingredient, and process.
- Following all instructions related to Food Defense, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Agricultural Practices and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
- Overseeing utilization and effectiveness of established food safety systems and drive continuous improvement and sustainability of systems.
- Working closely with purchasing in managing and implementing supplier quality assurance and compliance to include monitoring/testing raw materials and CoA’s.
- Interacting with owners in maintaining QA Food Safety Standards and Policies.
- Coordinate and manage Allergen, Environmental, QA Hold, Self-Audit and Pest Control Programs.
- Maintaining all food safety and auditing records and ensure records are being updated with the necessary frequencies to ensure accuracy.
- Strong ability to solve problems, recover, and make reasonable substitutions.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds (loading and unloading food, carrying trays, lifting supplies and equipment as needed).
- Visual capability to identify and respond to environmental hazards.
- Work ethic in an environment that is usually fast-paced with frequent short deadlines and regular instances of critical or unusual situations requiring a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
- Scheduling flexibility.
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow up, and organization.
At least one (1) year experience working for or in the catering or hospitality industry as the assigned job of lead line cook and/or sous chef preferred.
A High School Diploma or GED is strongly preferred.
Authorized to work in the US.
- Fingerprinting is required and drug testing may be required for all employees.
- Food Handler Certificate is mandatory.
- Food Protection Manager Certificate.
- Subject to COVID-19 testing and daily precautionary protocols.
All interested applicants should send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org